Outdoor Porcelain Pavers to Uplift Your Home
Updated: May 2, 2022
Porcelain Pavers: Guide
When it comes to designing the outdoors of your home, there is no better place than now. With the quality of products evolving by the second, porcelain pavers have come into the market as the next must-have product for your outdoor design.
Porcelain pavers are a high-quality material that can replace the likes of natural stone and even concrete at a fraction of the price. In this article you will find design ideas, common misconceptions, the pros and cons of porcelain pavers, how to maintain them, what the installation process looks like, the difference in cost, and much more.
Porcelain Paver Examples & Ideas
- Most commonly used for patios, steps, rooftops, terraces, and gardens
- Porcelain can also be used as a tile for walls and outdoor kitchens
- Used for driveways, entrance ways, and walkways
Enhance Your Walkway with Porcelain Pavers
The possibilities for your patio design can be considerably endless. Surrounded by gray river and chip granite, the changes in color and the separation with the design layout allow the vintage slab porcelain to make its presence known. Along with the addition of fire and water features and native grasses, it makes the space picture perfect for anybody to capture.
Placement Matters: Porcelain Installs and Evergreen Views
What a day when two people come together to celebrate a special union. It can’t get any better when you have the mountain right over the ridge, the sheen sight of the evergreens, loving families, and a class venue to bring it all together. With the beauty of a symmetrical beige porcelain tile installation surrounded by flagstone and boulders, very much ties in a naturally earthy tone for quite the event.
Heat up Your Outdoor Kitchen with Gold Multi-Color Porcelain Tiles
Expand on the possibilities of your outdoor design using porcelain. Bringing out the warm color hues and making it possible for your spaces to shout elegance and class in your kitchen space. Not only does it bring unmissable details and class, but its easy-clean features and sustainable elements make it all oh so efficient. No need to worry about oil, mud, dark wines, or any other potential hazard to ruin your kitchen spaces ever again.
Top 5 misconceptions about porcelain pavers:
- Porcelain pavers don’t do well in extreme weather
- No, porcelain pavers are made with a variety of mixes; kiln-fired clay and recycled materials, sand, quartz, without the use of resins or glues and cement, these tiles perform well and are a lot more durable than natural stone.
- Porcelain pavers are able to withstand the freeze-thaw cycles and extreme temperatures, making them perfect for the outdoors.
- Porcelain paver needs to be sealed
- Compared to that of natural stone and concrete, porcelain pavers are non-porous and essentially impermeable.
- Porcelain pavers require a lot of maintenance
- False, with the surface being non-porous, the paver is basically maintenance-free, stain-resistant, and holds its owns without discoloration from weather.
- Natural stone is more durable and stronger than porcelain pavers
- Porcelain pavers are manufactured and cured through extreme temperatures for their long-lasting durability and strength.
- They are more dense and durable than natural stone, it makes sense why it has been commonly seen in areas where foot traffic areas are high and in commercial areas as well.
- The installation process is complicated
- Porcelain pavers are relatively easy to install.
- The install can be simple. You can use grout, but without you can also install with mortar, over concrete, and sand.
- Porcelain pavers are just as expensive or more than natural stone
- Porcelain pavers are competitively priced in the market, but more affordable than natural stone.
- Many cases can be considered sustainable since more companies are producing domestically and not having to go through exporting and using less fuel consumption to bring over product and material.
Pros and Cons
- Maintenance Free: Porcelain pavers do not need to be sealed and are stain-resistant and chemical-resistant.
- Safety: Porcelain pavers are also safer because they’re slip-free. This makes them a great option for areas with a swimming pool or near sprinkler systems.
- Weather-resistant: Paver’s color won’t fade due to sunlight and weather, making them durable across the board. Water leaves behind salt deposits on surfaces like concrete, brick, and other natural stone surfaces. However, that doesn’t happen with these pavers, which means they’ll keep looking great!
- Won’t Fade: The color won’t fade due to sunlight and weather, making them durable across the board.
- Range of styles: Inkjet manufacturing has allowed for porcelain pavers to be made with different textures, and inspired materials so you can achieve the desired look you have in mind.
- Freight costs: Prices are being raised in all sectors of the business, and it has become a bigger factor even with domestic manufacturing.
- Installation costs: It can be a simple process but can become expensive. The porcelain must be placed on level ground otherwise it goes back to the drawing board.
- Customization: It may become difficult to modify or to make special cuts to your porcelain pavers. Without the necessary tools, it can become a challenge to cut unless you have a wet saw for example.
Cleaning Tips (Maintenance)
When cleaning the surface it is best to vacuum, sweep or even dry mop to help protect and maintain the surface of the paver. Porcelain pavers can be cleaned with household cleaners, which is not the case for other stone materials. But should you use them? As a best practice, it is best to stay away from harsh chemicals. The best thing to do is to use warm water and detergent to avoid any of the tiles loosening up. Important tips to remember:
- When removing stains, you don’t always need to use harsh chemicals that can degrade the tile.
- Accidents will happen so don’t fear even with the worst of stains.
- When cleaning certain stains, follow the best-recommended methods and clean only the infected area.
- Make sure to use gloves, masks, and eyewear in ventilated areas to avoid fumes or chemical odors.
If you are interested in learning more about porcelain pavers and the options for including them in your landscape, contact us now! Our landscape team can help design and create the perfect porcelain hardscape for a landscape of any shape and size.
How much can I expect to spend?
- Other things to take into consideration are the availability of a paver, shipping cost depending on your location, weight and size cost, and installation.
- The installation will vary on the size of your project, what needs to be done to level the areas around, and many other factors that may follow.
Need Help from Landscape Professionals?
If you are interested in doing a porcelain paver install for your landscape design this season, we are ready to prepare them for you! Give our office a call to schedule a consultation or even just get to know who we are and what we can do for you.